Hello Justin,

Thank you for your feedback. Please find more information following:

- Indications that the committer/PPMC bar may be too high and not all forms
of contribution recognized → Comment noted. We will no longer insist that
committers are code contributors.

- A new PPMC member is not being added in the correct way → Are there any
additional steps that need to be taken to complete this process?

- Other than that recent addition no other PPMC members added → The voting
process for Pieterjan De Potter (Ghent University) and Nick Sorrell (Cintio
Ltd) to become PPMC members will begin immediately.

- May be some concern about the employment diversity of the PPMC members.

The proposed new PPMC members above are not affiliated with any other PPMC
in any way.

   -

   John Gemignani [Bitnine] → Initial member of the project at the time of
   donation
   -

   Josh Innis [Bitnine] → Initial member of the project at the time of
   donation
   -

   Eya Badal [Bitnine] → Initial member of the project at the time of
   donation
   -

   Mason Sharp [Immuta] → Initial member of the project at the time of
   donation
   -

   Jasper Blues [Libration Data] → Initial member of the project at the
   time of donation
   -

   Dehowe Feng [Bitnine]
   -

   Pieterjan De Potter [Ghent university] → Soon to be PPMC
   -

   Nick Sorrell [Cintio] → Soon to be PPMC

- Issues with headers and licensing a few months back → All were fixed at
the time when 0.6.0 was released.

-People not signed up to the right mailing lists → All the active people
did. Jasper (initial member) and Mason (initial member) have been mainly
following and supporting the project and will sign up to the mailing lists.
Raphael (mentor) and Suneel (mentor) have not been active at all.

- I see in the maturity guide under releases it mentions docker files but
these don’t seem to be documented on the website? Where are these located?
This related JIRA is a little concerning [1].
The docker image is available at
https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/joefagan/incubator-age and a link
is provided on the website on the Releases page. The image (>800MB) cannot
reside on age.apache.org because it exceeds the file size limit of 25MB.

- There are some minor trademark issues on the Bitnine site e.g [2] → All
will be fixed in a day.

- Releases of Age-viewer not following ASF policy → The first official
Apache release for the Age-viewer is in the voting process and it follows
the ASF policy.

- Links to download 0.5.0 and 0.6.0 on the download page are not correct
[3] They are fixed now

- I notice one person who replied to this thread had a agedb.io email
address - what is it relationship with the project?

Agedb is a US startup (incorporated in California May this year) and is
affiliated with Bitnine Global, who contributed the original AGE source
codes to the Apache Software Foundation. The purpose of Agedb is not yet
clearly defined but it is expected to be to provide graph database
solutions and related services.

The agedb.io email address belongs to Andrew Ko (also a consultant to
Bitnine) who is one of the committers. He has been helping the project,
consulting on the roadmap and website, and nurturing technical
collaboration with other Big Data related Apache projects.

Thank you very much again for your time and support.
Eya

On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 3:55 AM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Because of the nature of the project, committers require a broad range of
> > expertise in several areas including: Database (Postgres and SQL), Graph
> > Technology and Cyper, C language. While many contributors demonstrated
> > expertise in some areas, few had expertise in all disciplines. In
> addition
> > we restricted committer status to those who demonstrated consistent
> > contribution to the project over many months and across multiple and
> > diverse challenges. We felt this was the most prudent way to build a
> strong
> > and tight community.
>
> IMO that bar is far too high, and I suggest the project needs to lower its
> bar. No one should have to be an expert in all areas to become a committer
> in a project. It would also be best to consider committers than contribute
> things other than code.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Justin

Bitnine Global, Inc. - We create value for our clients by connecting the
world's data.

*Eya Badal Abdisho*

Technical Engineer

E-mail : eya.abdi...@bitnine.net <jos...@bitnine.net>