Hi,

I'll just give my 2 cents on this for the Apache AGE project, from my
perspective,...

In the early stages of Apache AGE we tried to use Jira. For a while, we
actually were using it for day to day activities. However, the constant
spam we had to remove daily, along with also having issues coming in
through Github, coupled with our limited resources, forced us to make a
choice between the two of them.

I also recall it taking months to get permissions just to remove the spam
that came in. While, I understand the delays involved with an open source
projects' infrastructure, being nearly everyone is a volunteer, all of
these items soured us on Jira. Github was just better suited to our needs,
integrated better, and didn't have spam.

We still do have discussions about using both, btw. However, for the size
of our team, it would cause us to spend more time on "paperwork" than on
design, research, issues, or code.

I would surmise that we aren't the only project that has had similar
internal discussions.

Hope this is helpful,

John