On 06/03/2023 08:08, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 07:54:51 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:

There's another file - can't remember its name - that tells your
resolver what to try in what order - the hosts file, dns, what dhcp
told you, etc etc, so your resolver might not be using dns the way you
think.

Do you mean /etc/nsswitch.conf?

Ah yes. Any idea why Firefox seems to ignore it? Whenever I try to browse to local machines in /etc/hosts, firefox gives me a google search page which is a bloody nuisance. If I type a VALID ADDRESS in the ADDRESS BAR, that's where I expect to go! Not some damn random search page!

Cheers,
Wol