On 06/17/2014 11:14 AM, Varun Shastry wrote:

> [...]

I don't get how sleep can cause the failures. But for script bug-1087198.t in my name, it is part of the testing. I can reduce it to a smaller value but we need to have the test which waits for a small amount of time.
Sleeps are added to make sure a certain condition is met in that time. Sometimes what happens is that the condition could take longer to meet causing spurious failure. So we are going through the tests and eliminating 'sleeps' that is not required. Or use better expect_within statement to make sure the condition is met using explicit tests.

Pranith

- Varun Shastry