On 05/30/2014 01:16 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:

<snip>
Documentation in the wiki, mainly these pages:
- http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Main_Page#Developers
- http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Developers

  - Over time make these new comers as experienced developers in
    glusterfs :-)

Maintainers,
      Could you please come up with the initial list of bugs by next
      Wednesday before community meeting?
If we mark bugs with the EasyFix keyword (see below), all bugs can get
listed with a simple Bugzilla query:
-
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&keywords=EasyFix&product=GlusterFS

Niels,
    Could you send out the guideline to mark the bugs as easy fix. Also
    the wiki link for backports.
To mark a bug as Easy to Fix, open the Bug, and add in 'EasyFix' in the
'Keywords' field. Of course, it would help any newcomer if there is
a comment on where (i.e. which source file, function) the changes are
needed. For example, https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1100204 contains
a clear description what is needed, and where.

For the stable branches (release-3.4 and release-3.5 in the git
repository), it often is needed to 'backport' a change from the current
development branch (master). Backporting is for many changes relatively
easy and we have started to document the steps here:
- http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Backport_Guidelines

The "Backport Wishlist" is a list of patches/bugs that are proposed
candidates for backporting. When a backport request has been filed,
a bug for this backport and the release-version should be created.
Depending on the change, the EasyFix keyword could be set by the person
creating the bug (or by a developer or sub-maintainer after a review).

<snip>

We have started a page in gluster wiki about easyfix bugs [1]. It contains the initial information for developers who want to fix easy bugs in GlusterFS.

[1] http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/EasyFix_Bugs

Happy hacking!!

Thanks,
Lala