Op woensdag 24 november 2021 23:15:47 CET schreef flywire:
> Probably clearer to demonstrate same default functionality with different
> user interface:
> * Default is Off with On to Omit - double negative ??
> * Alternative default is On with Off to Omit - consistent and logical on a
> *Display* tab ??
>
> [image: OmitVsDisplay.png]

I completely agree preferring positive language and particularly avoiding
double negation
logic is better design. This change can be implemented relatively easily as
well.

The catch is that making this change would invert the meaning of the underlying
option and
hence without additional support code saved reports would suddenly behave the
other way
around. We don't have code that would help us convert report options based on
semantic
changes unfortunately. Someone would have to write it to provide a seamless
transition
from old to new semantics. And that then pulls in the complexity of backward
compatibility.

Regards,

Geert