Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 21:09:31 -0700 From: john <jra...@ceridwen.us>

Correct. IIUC there are a lot of things not normally included in a
flatpak installation required to run cpan, so it's not really a
practical option. We build Finance::Quote and all of its dependencies
from source tarballs, see
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-on-flatpak/blob/master/modules/finance-quote-sources.json.
Unfortunately F::Q has a lot of dependencies and the list isn't
stable, so keeping up with the latest often falls in the "too much
effort" category and doesn't get done.

If there's a better way, please share.

John,

Trust me, if I knew a better way I would share. But you answered my unasked question as to whether or not including GCC is feasible or may be included in the future.

My concern is that the copy from GitHub ./lib/Finance to <flatpak path>, while working for the AlphaVantage currency fix, may not necessarily work for other modules that require those modules that need compiling to install not included in the flatpak.

Being a somewhat recent addition to the F::Q maintainer team (and lately the sole active member), I am unsure why there is a huge number of additional module requirements between 1.49 and 1.52.

Thanks for the answer.

- Bruce S.