Hi Kevin,

The version number mentioned in the README file is an oversight. I have just
fixed it. Thanks
for mentioning this.

'maint' was the old name we used for the stable branch. Starting with 5.0 we
decided it
would be more clear to use 'stable' as name for that branch as 'maint' was a
bit ambiguous
and close to 'main' which is a name more commonly used for a development branch.

With the new stable branch it's normal you no longer find the maint branch.

John sent a message on the ANNOUNCE mailing list about this branch renaming:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-announce/2023-March/000389.html[1]

Though while re-reading I see it's quite concise and doesn't explicitly mention
maint (and
master) will be dropped.

Regards,

Geert