Hi, I've been running 5.1 on Windows 11 and have decided 5.4 (installer
version 5.4.1) seems stable enough to upgrade.

For the first time in at least a dozen GnuCash upgrades, I encountered an
issue with the install. The installer insisted two instances of
"gnucash.exe" were still running even though I had shut down GnuCash 5.1
before starting the upgrade. Retrying the install also failed, but it
eventually succeeded after I terminated both instances with the Task
Manager.

I then checked with the new install (5.4 / installer 5.4.1) and discovered
that  "gnucash.exe - GnuCash Program File (32-bit)" remains in the task list
indefinitely after shutting GnuCash down.

Is this expected? Is it some weird post-caching in the task manager display
(they rewrote it for Win 11 with even less deterministic information - I
hate the way Windows boxes are getting more and more like Macs every
release)?

Paul