I have created a set of patches I would like to push for a new feature
(described below) that I have wanted for years.  I have not previously
contributed to this project (other than a couple of bug reports) so I don't
know the correct procedure to submit the code.  I expect to have some kind
of code review and revisions as appropriate before it is accepted into the
code base.  I made my changes and tested with today's stable branch.  I
have tested it on my Linux machine and I ran make check which showed 100%
pass.  I don't have a Windows machine to test with and it will be a while
before I can test it on my Mac.

What should I do next?  git push?

THE PROBLEM:
I have credit cards from multiple banks for which I use OFX/QFX transaction
imports.  There is a lot of variability among these institutions as to how
they populate the transaction fields.  At least one bank actually allows me
to enter memo text through their website and mobile app. For this bank I
want to append that memo text to the description field in the imported
transaction. Other banks put text that does not interest me so I want to
ignore it.  Currently, Gnucash does not give me the ability to control this
on import in the way I want to.

THE NEW FEATURE:
I have added two check box options to the Account Edit window.  They
function completely independently.  The OFX Append Memo option appends the
Memo field of the OFX transaction record to the Description field in the
imported transaction.  The OFX Suppress Notes option prevents the import
from populating the Notes field in the imported transaction.

--
Stephen Cohoon
smcoh...@gmail.com

If there's a problem that can't be solved with a clever program, is that
problem really worth solving?