On 7/24/2017 12:50 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
azalea4va <commo...@azalea.name> writes:
This is essentially what I resorted to.  Since gnucash does not support
export to anything but a CSV file, I wrote a shell script to extract
information from the gnucash xml file and output to a GIF file.  As a shell
script, it was slow as molasses running on a file with 500K transactions,
but it got the job done.
Maybe a stupid question on my part (but I used to do a lot of data conversion)

If you had a way to export the data to a CVS file, wouldn't it have been as easy or easier to have written the shell script to convert from that to a GIF file? Might have run faster.

Michael D Novack