On Thu, 31 Aug 2017, John Ralls wrote:

There are some dependency-tree problems with CMake builds, so if that's
what you're doing just keep re-running make until the build completes.

John,

  I've run into this on a couple of other applications that now use CMake.

Does Slackware not provide GnuCash as an installable package?

  No. It's not part of the base distribution but is provided (among several
hundred useful tools) by SlackBuilds.org. The build script checks for
dependencies, and produces a Slackware .tgz installable file.

  I'll look at the build script. If I don't immediately see how to isolate
the build from the rest of the process I'll ask the package maintainer.

Thanks very much,

Rich