On Thu, 31 Aug 2017, John Ralls wrote:

Please remember to copy the list on all replies.

John,

  Thought I had as that's my normal practice; I apologize for missing this
time.

It's not reporting a dependency failure, at least not here.

  I read the errors as internal to the gnucash build process.

libgncmod-report-gnome.so is a build product. When building with autotools
it should be in your build directory in src/report/report-gnome/.libs;
there should be a companion file
src/report/report-gnome/libgncmod-report-gnome.la.

  Yes, it's there:

[rshepard@salmo /opt/gnucash-2.6.17/src/report/report-gnome/.libs]$ ls
dialog-custom-report.o       libgncmod-report-gnome.la@
dialog-report-column-view.o  libgncmod-report-gnome.lai
dialog-report-style-sheet.o  libgncmod-report-gnome.so*
gnc-plugin-page-report.o     swig-report-gnome.o
gncmod-report-gnome.o        window-report.o

If it's there then there's a problem with the paths being passed to guile
for compiling whatever is failing. If it's not then that's the problem, so
find that failure in the output.

  Installed here is guile-2.0.11-i486-2 and the binary is /usr/bin/guile.

  I _think_ this is significant: looking at the build log I see references
to /usr/bin/guild but not to /usr/bin/guile. There is an executable named
'guild' and my web searches do not teach me what that is. I see many calls
to files in /usr/lib/guile/2.0/libguile/.

  May I send the build log (200k) so someone who knows guile well might see
the source of the error?

Thanks,

Rich