:

Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable are in a similar vein.  In
fact, they share a common feature with payroll in that they deal with
3rd party entities (Receivable -- entities who owe you money; Payable --
entities to whom you owe money; Payroll -- entities who get paid for a
salary/wage).  That common module of dealing with names/addresses and
relationships could be abstracted out of all three modules and made a
common service.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
stephen.m.butle...@gmail.com

When I have a payable I owe THAT person an amount.

When I have a payroll event I owe THAT person something (some portion of the gross amount), and according to information on that person's record owe (for example) the Feds various amounts, the state various amounts (and neither of the previous single accounts -- example, income tax and SS and medicare separate; state income tax and state workman's comp separate, etc. ) and possibly various other entities/accounts. I am required (by many jurisdictions) not only that amounts be correct but that the employee get a statement along with that check (or direct deposit). Many/most of the amounts depend on data on the HR record.

Michael D Novack