I'm running 2.6.12; that setting does not exist in the preferences.  The https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Backup says that this folder HOME <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations#HOME>/.gconf/apps/gnucash/ should exist, but it does not, nor is there any gsettings file in HOME <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations#HOME>/.gnucash  (Linux Mint 18.3 btw).  - Elmar