Thanks for the reply Tommy.

I have used the Flatpak version of GC since at least 4.0 on the same system.  This is the first experience of the issue described.  I often issue the flatpak update and nothing has updated since GC 4.2.

I am running this on a Lenova w541 and just checked the insert key, but to no effect.  However, there is a "Windows" key and that did remove an entry.  ???

For what its worth, I have two of these laptops, both running the same version of Linux Mint and I just installed GC 4.2 via Flatpak on the 2nd one and I don't have this problem problem.  Weird.

Les