On Tue, 17 May 2022 21:20:14 +0000 (UTC)
arthur brogard via gnucash-user <gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

> I've got this continuing problem with my inability to properly
> understand how to use this list. I get an email from a member
> addressed to me that's fine.  I can respond to it and choose 'reply
> to all' as suggested or requested in the template footnote But mainly
> I just get mailing list updates with a number of subjects listed at
> the top.  I look at that and see if my query is in there.  If it is I
> go read it and then perhaps, like now,  I'd like to respond to that
> particular person. But I don't know how to do that. Except perhaps by
> noting the email address,  noting out subject line, noting the text,
> writing a new reply email and inputting all that and making the reply
> go to 'reply all' or something. Its surely easier than that.  What
> should I be doing?

You have chosen to receive mailing list mails as a digest. There is an
alternative, where you get each email individually.
Your method of replying to a digest is appropriate, other than please
remove the excess because there are still some people on this list on
slow internet.
We ask that you "reply to list" or "reply to all" to keep the
conversation in the archives.
It may be appropriate to reply to an individual, but for those
searching the archives it is helpful to find the answers and not just
the questions.

As for Australian law on advice? You can get your medical advice from
anybody on Facebook but not your financial. I guess the legal firms and
government entities uploading financial advice are covered by employing
people who are allowed to give advice.

I've altered the text at the bottom of the emails very rarely. I guess
I could add something about "ask your accountant" in the future.

Liz