> On Sep 11, 2023, at 11:23 AM, zuperkoleoptera <zuperkoleopt...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> Not at runtime. GnuCash can be built without AQBanking support.
>>>
>>> You could try using the flatpak instead.
>>
>> Two more questions: Do you have a bazillion tabs or windows open?
>> Have you uninstalled AQBanking because you don't use it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>
> To answer you questions
> (1) other than the register I keep always open another 5 tabs (
> reports, views ) no other window open.
> (2) No I have not uninstalled AQBanking
>
> To add more into the mystery, I installed the flatpak and when I tried
> to open it it asked me for credentials. Since I maintain multiple dbs,
> for different entities, I entered a different db this time and gnucash
> opened it. When I tried to change back to my main db it produced the "
> The server at ....  experienced an error or encountered bad or corrupt
> data". I know that my db is ok since I can still access it from the
> 4.13 installation.

Interesting. Does that other DB open in the debian testing build of GnuCash?

There should be more detailed error information in the tracefile about the
connection failure and perhaps more information in your MariaDB logs.

What version of MariaDB are you running? We've had reports of problems with
MariaDB 11.

Regards,
John Ralls