> On Oct 6, 2023, at 9:39 AM, Bruce McCoy via gnucash-user
> <gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
> On Tue, Sep 26 at 12:50 PM John Ralls wrote:        >GnuCash uses a pair of
> stack-allocated 128-bit integers (see. . .
>
> Thanks. Well done.
>

> What are the plans to help our users whose books are out of balance by a cent
> or so?

GnuCash's rounding isn't likely to put books out of balance because GnuCash
forces transactions to be balance in the transaction currency. Book out of
balance, meaning that the trial balance report doesn't balance with the Average
Cost price source, nearly always results from not computing capital
gains/losses correctly. Interpret that broadly: Computing cost of goods sold is
the same calculation by a different name and often crossing more transaction
steps. GnuCash automates only the simplest case via the lot scrubber so it's
pretty much up to the user to be meticulous when creating those
splits/transactions.

Regards,
John Ralls