On Wednesday, 25 October 2023 18:56:11 BST Edwin Booth via gnucash-user wrote:
> Back when I paid it, I just made a payment out of my bank checking account
> straight to the CC company. Now, how do I assign that transaction? It’s not
> a CC expense but it is an expense of some kind—just from a different place.

Edwin.

Just assign it to the Bank Account in GC that you paid from in real life....

I understand what you mean when you say it is an expense.  It is not, really,
it is not.

This is another concept you need to wrap your head around.  The expense
happens when you buy the food (whatever) on the CCard.  You then have a
liability to the CCard Co.  You clear that liability by transferring some of
your asset (in the bank checking account) to cancel the liability.

Hope you follow me.
Maf.