I think that the point Liz tried to make was a memorized transaction can be
designed to be a prototype that can be customized each time by edits that
are easy to make,
possibly more by deletions of unused splits than by adding splits.
Further, the memorized transactions can also be edited when they have
attributes that you don't expect to need again.

I also use the auto-competion feature frequently to fill in lines similar
to lines in previous transactions.

I don't have a problem with GnuCash failing to remember changes when I save
the file right away, or for certain user associated changes I need to close
the program to make those changes stick.

--
David Carlson