I assume that that Distributions account should be of type Income (not
Asset).

It appears that Income accounts cannot have a stock account type (so cannot
move stock via this method).
Would have to fake it by selling the stock (in 'from' account) to get cash,
move the cash, then buy the stock
(in the 'to' account).

Also, since X dollars come into Distributions and X dollars leave, the net
is zero.  So, any report would
show zero income.

I think a better solution is to use four splits:
  Cash or stock coming out of Regular IRA Asset account
  Cash or stock going into Roth IRA Asset account
  Cash going into a Distributions Income account
  Cash going into a dummy Expense account

Then, make sure to exclude the dummy Expense account in any reports.