Apr 9, 2024 08:45:34 Eric H. Bowen via gnucash-user <gnucash-user@gnucash.org>:

> I'm very leery about hand editing anything to do with the AP and AR systems;
> there's a caution against that in the documentation. And the invoice is
> already posted, I'd prefer not to unpost and edit it.

I believe you can hand edit the splits that aren't to AR or AP. You could enter
the payment of the invoice and then edit the transaction to add a split for the
tip and increase whatever account the money is going to, leaving the AR split
alone. I do similar to account for fees when someone uses PayPal to pay an
invoice.