From: gnucash-user
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+fromvendor=outtacyte....@gnucash.org] On Behalf Of
David G. Pickett via gnucash-user
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2024 2:01 PM
To: Gnucash Users
Subject: [GNC] FYI Web tables, CSV, prices info and inquiry

Not all users know that the nice table of your stocks and prices that you see
on so many web sites like my morningstar portfolio can be selected and pasted
into a spreadsheet like Excel, Google Sheets, or LibreOffice Calc, maybe not
perfectly, but so it is easy to turn them into a clean spreadsheet table.  My
Morningstar did something weird with the first column but it was all there and
not too hard to cut and paste or paste-special it into a nice table.  Then you
have the option of saving it as a CSV file (Comma Separated Value), which loses
any funny formatting and hypertext links and is maybe gnucash friendly.

It would be a bit of an emergency, and I could do this one stock at a time, but
importing this CSV to gnucash prices would be a nice backup.  I have not done
the research or reading above to know how to import such a table into gnucash
prices.  Can someone give a simple how-to?  Do I need a date column?  A column
to say it is nav or close?  Is there a web page help on this?