David,

My goal in the example was not pedagogical; it was to give others in the
community information that they might use for themselves. I'm pretty sure that
in the earlier thread, I gave all the information necessary (including actual
cell formulae) for others to test it for themselves. If my instructions weren't
sufficient, I apologize. Feel free to try them out and report the areas that
are incomplete.

Then again, yours is the only response I've ever gotten to the message. Who can
tell whether that means my solution was: a) incompletely understood, b) not
useful to anyone, or c) silently read, comprehended, and used by millions of
grateful GnuCash users.

(I'm doubtful of the last, just to be clear)

⁣David T. ​