I have found that I can select the text of reports directly in GnuCash,
then paste it into a Libre Office Calc spreadsheet.  The problem then is
that values are preceded with a dollar sign in the US and it seems that
they are not currency numbers but some form of text, as numeric operators
do not recognize them.  It also looks like dates are in some form of text
as they have a format code "@" whatever that means.

I am not very proficient with these format issues.  Does someone know of an
elementary reference that is easier to understand than the spreadsheet help
file?

Just in case it makes a difference I am using GnuCash release 4.8 in
Lubuntu 22.04 with a LXQT desktop.

--
David Carlson