Hello David,

I do the same for my reports but paste it into Excel and whenever I had
that issue I either use powerquery for the clean up or more quick and dirty
approach of using functions to extract the correct figures, some MID/RIGHT
function, within the CLEAN one wrapping the result and if you still have
issues maybe using the VALUE formula to convert the final output (I would
try this one first as it might work out with the previous ones)

In any case I think not all the reports cause the issue of being pasted as
text, so maybe if you try to play with formatting options to number first
and set those setting by default in the file it might help you.

Thanking you.

Regards,

Inma