Once you’re into a unified tool that handles finance, inventory, etc., that’s
called ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software. IIRC there are one or two
open source suites floating around.

For a small operation though, personally I’d just use GNC for the books and
Excel or other spreadsheet tool for the inventory.

Some good resources/comments in this Hacker News thread for the basic
accounting principles: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=39988993 (not
necessarily the article itself but there are good nuggets in the comments).

James