Hi,

I am about to structure a new set of accounts for a business. GnuCash uses
a hierarchy, which I am currently trying to decide upon. Two
part-hierarchies come to mind:

*FIRST*

Sales

Shop A

Product 1

Product 2

Shop B

Product 1

Product 2

*SECOND*

Sales

Product 1

Shop A

Shop B

Product 2

Shop A

Shop B

The first would make it easy to see sales for each shop but harder to find
out the sales for each product. The second would make it easy to see sales
for each product but harder to find out the sales for each shop.

Both of these seem like reasonable questions to be able to ask of the
accounts. How do I choose which hierarchy to go with and is there any way I
can answer both of these questions?

Any advice would be most welcome as I am no accounting expert and have only
basic knowledge of GnuCash.

Kind wishes - Patrick