From: Jean Laroche <rip...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2024 6:19 PM
To: gnucash-user@gnucash.org
Subject: Re: [GNC] Question about OFX imports

Also, you definitely would not want to double-import the same transaction, so
there isn't a good reason to want to mock with the FITID. What *could* be
useful (but in extremely rare cases) would be to force a re-import of the same
transaction despite the fact that it's been imported previous, while avoiding a
duplication (i.e. the second import would update the existing transaction
instead of being skipped altogether). But I don't see a good reason to
implement that at this point... Deleting the existing one achieves the same
result for these rare cases.

Jean