Sonja Michelle Lina Thomas wrote:
my e-mailer honored it automatically (perhaps it does). Because some
lists to which I subscribe automatically reply to the lists, and some
automatically reply to the original sender, and I cannot remember which
is which. I know asking any particular list to change is not worth the
trouble; each list has its own policy and unwilling to change. I try to
remember which is which. It is sometimes suggested to hit Reply-All, but
this results in the original poster's getting two replies. I

To handle this issue I added the "reply to list" button to Thunderbird.
Whenever I deal with a list, I hit that button. I added it through the
right click > customize menu and drug the button to my toolbar.

I see no way to do that. I have a Reply button and a Reply All button and no others. There is no such button on that screen that allows diddling buttons. Thunderbird 2.0.0.16, which is the latest for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.

 ^^-^^ 16:35:01 up 37 days, 30 min, 4 users, load average: 4.40, 4.57, 4.59