On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 10:16 PM Satya Elipe <satya.el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Wonder, what's the way around to mount .ssh from EFS into the gocd base
> container (from the image gocd/gocd-server:v22.3.0).
>

> We have saved all our content into EFS under /godata and maps that into
> the container as /godata.
>

> We are using gocd/gocd-server:v22.3.0.
>

> It all runs good, mapping was fine too but just one thing that’s not
> happening is “.ssh” folder.
>

> I have .ssh with all required keys in EFS under /godata and /godata within
> the container also has .ssh but not /go-working-dir.
>

> Is that supported, am I mis-configuring it, or do we need to handle that
> outside of the base image ?

At a high level, the .ssh folder should be mounted into /home/go.
e.g. docker run -v /path/to/godata:/godata -v /path/to/home-dir:/home/go
gocd/gocd-server:v23.5.0
IMPORTANT: You must set the user ID of the files within .ssh to 1000. This
is the user ID of the gocd process within the container.

See:
https://github.com/gocd/docker-gocd-server?tab=readme-ov-file#mounting-volumes

Given that you are using Kubernetes, please see the Helm chart
documentation here
https://github.com/gocd/helm-chart/blob/master/gocd/README.md

It provides info on just about every configurable attribute for the GoCD
server and the agent.

Of particular importance for you are these two attributes:
server.persistence.subpath.homego
agent.persistence.subpath.homego

Please see that document and jot down your action plan since you will need
to provide the SSH keys to the server _and_ the agent containers.