I Nunes responds:

It appears  Mistress Carvalho , Goanet’s “esteemed authoress”, has naively
taken the satirical soubriquet of a Goanetter* to heart, and now attempts a
shakedown.
That is, in addition to being a shill and mouthpiece, for the business
interests of Goanese dons in return for protection.
This maxim holds true: You have to dance with the one that brung you. And she
does.

While my reference to ‘”pigs at the trough” rankles and sorely , the term
bagmen [and now woman] is the more slighting.
[RE: August 30: This shameless behavior of corrupt NRI bagmen is aided and
abetted by the
Goanese abroad endorsing these junkets, but funded by the good people of Goa
who have no say in the matter. I.Nunes]

For this has contributed to the fire sale of Goa, the out migration of Goans,
and the ruination of a culture and its people. Ergo Swindon.
RE:
http://www.mail-archive.com/goanet@lists.goanet.org/msg53634.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/goanet@lists.goanet.org/msg48850.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/goanet@lists.goanet.org/msg50958.html
This writer’s philanthropy and goodwill is and will always be directed to the
Goans.  In Goa.
In any case I. Nunes, is disdainful of, and remains impervious to extortion.
I. Nunes
* [GOANET] NRI GLOBAL GOAN CONVENTION HELD IN LONDON - PHOENIX (ROSE FERNANDES)

>>Carvalho elisabeth_...@yahoo.com wrote : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:15 AM
Subject: [Goanet] A gift... of Goan books to Karachi

Now that Ms Nunes has so kindly added to the list some books she has taken the
time to read, perhaps she will be gracious enough to open her purse-strings and
donate some Goa-related books to libraries. In case she is interested, Eddie
Fernandes (GoanVoice UK) and I are just in the process of finalising a donation
to the Swindon library in the UK, where as we all know a large concentration of
Goans thrive. Perhaps she will be kind enough to get in touch with us and
sponsor a large donation.

Pigs at the trough like myself will take anyone's generosity if it means
helping a cause.

Best,
Selma Carvalho
authoress in waiting>>>

http://www.mail-archive.com/goanet@lists.goanet.org/msg48850.html
  • ... Bernado Colaco
    • ... Alfred de Tavares
      • ... eric pinto
        • ... J. Colaco < jc>
        • ... eric pinto
      • ... lyrawmn
  • ... Carvalho
    • ... J. Colaco < jc>
    • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
      • ... Mervyn Lobo
    • ... lyrawmn
  • ... Carvalho
    • ... Cyprian Fernandes