Comment to Mr. Fernandes:
Do you think anyone is surprised by the antics of the self-titled “authoress in
waiting” Mistress Carvalho?
As a self described journalist, her fact-checking is of note – that is lack of,
which have often compelled retractions.

Can the lack of integrity, and professionalism be surprising? That is along
with cowardice.

Cyprian Fernandes skip...@live.com.au wrote
<<<Selma wrote: However getting back to England, we have a lot of Goan bulbuls
here known to flap their wings but seldom fly.
Comment: Coward! Name them. Or don't make these cheap, throw-away one liners.
Cyprian>>>

> Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:34:04 -0700
> From: elisabeth_...@yahoo.com
> To: goanet@lists.goanet.org
> Subject: [Goanet] A gift... of Goan books to Karachi
>
> Frederick dear,
> Far be it from me to get into a debate about the semantics of Marxism with
> you. I have and always will be a committed capitalist. There is no need to
> thank me for my "practical help." In capitalism everything bears fruit in its
> own time. Capitalism has its own zen theory.
>
> However getting back to England, we have a lot of Goan bulbuls here known to
> flap their wings but seldom fly.
>
> Incidentally, your nostalgic rendering of life in Goa kudds might be coloured
> by your need to believe that there is such a thing as a free lunch in life.
> However, a closer analysis of these kudds will reveal that they reveled in
> the basic capitalistic principle of exploitation of labour. Cheap labour
> coming in from Goan villages was immediately funneled onto ships and
> factories. Nobody did this service for free. There were recruiting agents
> attached to every kudd, who exacted their pound of flesh. The idea that kudds
> created "social capital" without a cost is utterly and dismally misguided.
>
> Best,
> selma

 I. Nunes
        • ... J. Colaco < jc>
        • ... eric pinto
      • ... lyrawmn
  • ... Carvalho
    • ... J. Colaco < jc>
    • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
      • ... Mervyn Lobo
    • ... lyrawmn
  • ... Carvalho
    • ... Cyprian Fernandes