> "This request caused a new process to be started for your application, and
> thus caused your application code to be loaded for the first time. This
> request may thus take longer and use more CPU than a typical request for
> your application"

This is the log for a loading request:
https://developers.google.com/appengine/kb/java#What_Is_A_Loading_Request

execute becouse GAE needs to start an instance to execute it, it the
request plus the start process is less than 60sec. If its exceeds the 60
secs you should see a DeadlineExeededException

You can try a couple of things:

1 - Start a cron to make a request that rise the instance 1 min before
launching the mail cron, so when the mail cron is executed the instance is
up.

2 - Use a backend or Module (
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/modules/?hl=es) to handle
the mail cron

3 - If you don't need Gmail API try using the more simple Appengine built
in mail API ( https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/mail/)

cheers!

Alejandro González Rodrigo
*www.nextinit.com* <https://www.nextinit.com/>