It's best if you describe your entire architecture then, because I was only
going on what you stated in your OP... you "have to send data from
Raspberry Pi to Google Cloud, process it, and receive the result back to
the same Raspberry Pi." I answered that your use case looks like it fits
Cloud Functions better than either App Engine or Cloud Run. There was no
mention of GCS (Cloud Storage) nor Cloud Datastore. As mentioned, you *can*
use App Engine to get the RaspPI data, process it, and return it, but it
seems like it would be easier to use Cloud Functions instead to do the same
thing.

Cloud Functions can take the data, do some processing and return it, just
like App Engine, but easier. However, if the code that processes this data
is more complex and is an entire *app* where you have many components or
need to persist, provide a web UI, etc., then yes, App Engine would then be
better. Cloud Functions is for serverless unction-hosting in the cloud, App
Engine is for serverless app-hosting in the cloud, and Cloud Run is for
serverless container-hosting in the cloud.