At this time, you can run those applications with the "bundled services" on
our Java 8 App Engine runtime
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/java>. That's the latest
version w/the bundled services available. The other one is Java 11 but
*without* bundled services
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/java11>. Also see
the documentation
page highlighting the differences b/w both 1st and 2nd generation runtimes
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/runtimes>.

While we're committed to supporting legacy runtimes
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/long-term-support>, we've
also got guides to help developers move off bundled services so they can
upgrade to Java 11
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/java11/java-differences>.
We're planning additional resources to help users upgrade their apps, so
stay tuned for those. The first bunch for Python launched recently
<https://twitter.com/wescpy/status/1378050414449319937?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=unpaidsoc&utm_campaign=CDR_wes_aap-serverless_modernizegae_codelabsannounce_201031&utm_content=->,
and we're planning equivalent resources for Java after all the Python ones
are done.

Cheers,
--Wesley

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 3:21 PM 'cyberquarks' via Google App Engine <
google-appengine@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi, our app is built on Google App Engine (Java) version 1.9.40 where all
> components are "integrated" into the runtime, the Datastore, the Task Queue
> etc.
>
> On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 1:53:21 AM UTC+8 Elliott (Cloud Platform
> Support) wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I understand that you would like to run a legacy Java App Engine
>> application on the infrastructure that exists currently in Google Cloud
>> Platform without modifying the existing project.
>>
>> I was able to find a document
>> <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/long-term-support>,
>> which describes the legacy 8 version of Java still supported. What version
>> of Java are you using? Are you using Google App Standard or Google App Flex?
>>
>> I’m thinking that depending on your answer, you may choose to use
>> Containers in Google Cloud Run <https://cloud.google.com/run> to create
>> your environment but you indicated that you do not wish to modify your
>> project.
>>
>> So to provide more options, I would ask you to give detail about your
>> project.
>>

>> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:14:18 AM UTC-4 qqua...@protonmail.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Where can you run GAE application built with "integrated" Datastore?
>>> Meaning, those application that were build prior to Google platform making
>>> the Datastore a separate service from the "core" GAE service. That is
>>> without modifying the project.
>>>
>>> Can the current Google App Engine run "legacy" applications?
>>>
>> --
> email to google-appengine+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/eeeaee50-0677-4f9d-9b54-a3206409e6fcn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/eeeaee50-0677-4f9d-9b54-a3206409e6fcn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    wesley chun :: @wescpy <http://twitter.com/wescpy> :: Software
Architect & Engineer
    Developer Advocate at Google Cloud by day; at night...
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com
    Python blog: http://wescpy.blogspot.com