On September 17, 2002 at 13:13, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:

> Jeff Breidenbach wrote:
>
> > There are still some network details and configuration still left to
> > do on the new machine, including:
> >
> >      Mail Transfer Agent [exim]
>
> Can you please emphasize on why have you choosen exim?

If you are just curious why something like sendmail is not used,
I think any choice of software is a matter of what best fits the
needs you have.  My guess on why Jeff goes with exim is that it is
lighter weight than sendmail and is purported to be easier to configure
than sendmail.  Some also say that exim has better anti-spam support.

--ewh