Hi all,

We're now marking hyperlinks in message bodies with the "nofollow"
attribute. This technique is designed to discourage a certain type of
spam, and you can read more about it here [1] if you are interested.

I don't think this change will cause any problems for anyone - of
course speak up if you notice anything weird. This is being announced
for two reasons:

 1) Although this technique was developed for blogs, I think it
    has significant relevance to mailing list archives.

 2) Deterrents don't work if they are kept secret. (I learned
    this by watching the movie "Dr. Strangelove")

Cheers,
Jeff

[1] http://www.google.com/googleblog/2005/01/preventing-comment-spam.html