On February 15, 2005 at 02:00, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

> I just reviewed all the language translations and am looking for
> volunteers to help make some changes. This is technical work
> involving character sets and doesn't necessarily require language
> fluency.

Looks like you may be able to write a Perl script that uses
the Encode module to do the conversion for you.  For example,
you can use Encode to convert koi-8 to utf-8, and than convert
the UTF-8 values to numerical entity references.

Have a look at MHonArc::CharEnt's _utf8_to_sgml() routine.
It basically provides the conversion code to do what you want.
You only need the part for Perl >= 5.6 if using later versions
of Perl.

--ewh