Hi all,

Sorry for all the mail on language localization. If you are not into
that sort of thing, no need to read further.

I just reviewed all the language translations and am looking for
volunteers to help make some changes. This is technical work
involving character sets and doesn't necessarily require language
fluency.

[1] Ukranian: Whole thing needs conversion from koi-8 character
    set to ISO 10646 Numerical Entity References.

[2] Polish: About ten characters need conversion from ISO-8859-2
    character set to ISO 10646 Numerical Entity References.

[3] Portugese: About ten characters need conversion from ISO-8859-1
    character set to either ISO 10646 Numerical Entity References
    or HTML 4.01 Character Entity References.

[4] Chinese (traditional): I don't know what happened here, but the
    localization file is corrupt and I don't have a good copy. The
    translation needs to be completely redone.

Of course if you are a native speaker and want add a new localization
or revise an existing localization, please go ahead and do so. I've
changed the template file slightly (it's a little shorter now).
Translators may want to take a look at the English localization
(l10n.en.sed) to see how some of the phrases have been revised. For
example, __Chronological__ is now localized as "Date" in English.

This work is partly cleaning things up, and partly to prepare for the
possibility of using UTF-8 for the archival web pages in the future.
The files are in http://www.mail-archive.com/contrib/l10n, and
results can either be mailed to me privately, or collaborated on
over the gossip mailing list.

Cheers,
Jeff