I realize there are reasons for having the messages in text format as
the default, but is there a way to tell the Mail Archive that for a
given archive, we want HTML?  In other words, is there a keyword or
something the various moderators can use to force Mail Archive to use
the HTML instead of the default text?  Some of us spend a lot of time
trying to ensure our HTML/EML is correct before we send it out.

Reasonable request.

Ok,  I've just customized tyjp-l to prefer HTML over plaintext. See
if new messages archive as you expect - if not let me know.

For other lists who want the same thing, send a request to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and I'll handle it by hand. If there's
significant demand (which I kind of doubt) we can look into setting
up some sort of self-help mechanism.

Jeff