In message <ee14e538-18e9-440f-8edf-94c2b1a94...@fugue.com>
Ted Lemon writes:

> On Mar 7, 2015, at 10:44 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek
> <j...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
> > I think that you and Mikael expect that the ZigBee link will be designated
> > as stub, while Brian, ever the pessimist, expects things to go wrong
> > whenever they can.  I happen to agree with Brian.
>
> We can't prevent people from doing stupid things, but we can at least
> give good advice.  I think the advice we would want to give is that a
> router that has a zigbee interface SHOULD NOT advertise routes that
> transit that link, although they SHOULD advertise routes _to_ that
> link.  I will admit that I am not exactly an expert on the topic, but
> this doesn't seem like rocket science.

I agree.  But ZigBee is not a link it is a low power bridged network,
or at least it started out bridged.

A ZigBee gateway is an application gateway running an RPC protocol
based on SOAP.

ZigBee IP seesm to be something new which embraces 6LoPAN and the ROLL
WG's RPL and adds a ZigBee trademark to it.
http://www.embedded.com/design/connectivity/4419558/Zigbee-s-new-IP-specification-for-IPv6-6LoPAN-wireless-network-designs
http://www.embedded.com/electronics-news/4411167/Zigbee-releases-spec-for-IPv6-based-wireless-mesh-networks
http://www.zigbee.org/zigbee-for-developers/network-specifications/zigbeeip/

Curtis