>> This is not the notion that I tried to express, probably badly.  It's not
>> necessarily the important feature, it's the one that will make people
>> implement and deploy the protocol stack in the first place.

> Suggestion for '"killer feature" of Homenet': driver for using Homenet

That's good.

>> If you find a sufficiently stately term that covers all of the above,
>> I'll take it.  (My thesaurus suggests "chieftain", but I tend to favour
>> "foreman".)

> Suggestion for "our bosses": decision makers

"easy to explain to the decision makers"?  It's okay, but sounds somewhat
cold and corporate to my (admittedly foreign) ears.  I'll wait a little
while in case somebody has a better idea.

(Since we all seem to be in a chatty mood -- on Tuesday last, I was
teaching virtual memory allocation techniques, and needed a translation
for "eager allocation" as opposed to "lazy".  One student proposed
"allocation zélée".  I'm loving it.)

-- Juliusz