Hi,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 09:54:08AM -0500, Michael Richardson wrote:
> I thought that we wrote somewhere in RFC7368 that the Homenet router should
> collect as many ports as possible together into a single L2 zone.
> I can't find that text right now. Did it go away?
>
> In testing, we have found a device that does not put it's 5-"LAN" ports into
> a bridge.  That's probably a missing configuration, but in the meantime, we
> have an interesting HNCP and naming setup!

My understanding of "homenet" and "HNCP" devices has always been "every
single hole in the box is a routed port".  Now that's my understanding and
not necessarily written down somewhere.

Magically grouping ports into a common L2 network and then un-grouping
them in case one of them turns out to have another HNCP device connected
sounds like an interesting challenge, to say the least :-)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279