Subject: IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:10:27 -0700
From: The IESG <i...@ietf.org>
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-annou...@ietf.org>
CC: irtf-annou...@irtf.org, i...@ietf.org, 107...@ietf.org

The IESG and the IRTF Chair have decided to cancel the in-person IETF
107 Vancouver meeting. This decision is based on input we gathered from
Working Group (WG) and Research Group (RG) chairs about our ability to
hold productive WG and RG sessions at IETF 107. Our assessment of this
feedback is that a majority of sessions would not be viable if we were
to hold the in-person IETF meeting. On this basis, we believe we cannot
hold an effective in-person meeting.
As a result of this cancellation, the in-person Hackathon, Code Sprint,
all other in-person events planned for the weekend of March 21-22, the
chairs training scheduled for March 20, and all other in-person sessions
during the week are cancelled.

The IESG is working on an alternative all-virtual agenda for the week of
March 21-27 with a limited schedule adapted to accommodate the time
zones of as many participants as possible. We are also planning to
support an increased volume of virtual interim meetings during the weeks
that follow. We will send another update to the community soon with more
information about these plans. The Hackathon organizers are also
considering plans for virtual Hackathon support.

We have re-opened Internet-Draft submissions, which had been closed on
March 9 in anticipation of the in-person meeting. Internet-Drafts may be
submitted at <https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/>.

A separate announcement from the IETF Executive Director will follow
with details about registration cancellations and refunds.
These are unusual times given the circumstances created by the spread of
COVID-19.  We hope that everyone remains safe and healthy.

Regards,
The IESG and the IRTF Chair