STARK, BARBARA H <bs7...@att.com> wrote:
    > Hi homenet, While Michael and Daniel put some effort into their draft
    > prior to IETF 107, there's been no subsequent discussion of it on the
    > list. And no new activity on the draft.  In the absence of activity,
    > Stephen and I don't think homenet should request time during IETF 108.

Hi, I agree that our document is not making as much progress as we'd like.
I haven't been able to get back to testing Ray's code,  and Ray was ill,
and Daniel has been getting dial tone when he has tried to engage us :-)
So I feel that invoking closure on us is a bit premature given the global
situation.   I do not object to having no meeting at 108.

    > It may be time to close homenet and move the draft elsewhere (like
    > maybe INT area).

{I, generally, dislike "closing" WGs, as it seems so much harder
to re-open than to re-charter, but in any case the ML will stay open,
I'm sure.  I am very sad about the HOMENET situation.}

    > If you disagree, this is best expressed this through technical
    > discussion and activities.

I believe that Ted's discussion was very relevant, but it did not go
anywhere beyond the 6 or so of us who have chatted about that.

I believe that Ted's ideas should go to go 6man.
{I believe that the home network situation is significant more relevant to e2e
architecture than SPRING}

I think that the most important thing that has happened in the past two years
is TR-369 (UCP), which I know Barbara had a hand in.   I would like to see
this work discussed more widely in the IETF.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [