Hi Daniel,

I can’t speak to A), but we have built and tested DHCPv6 infrastructure using
ISC’s Kea with a Cassandra based back end with quite a bit of per-subscriber
logic. The remote-id option is supplied by the relay and contains a number of
flags, depending on the services the customer subscribes to. These indicate
which options the response contains, for things like:

Single/multiple IPv6 prefixes for different service types
IA_NA for the CPE WAN interface
v4 configuration for lightweight 4over6 softwire

For the last item, each subscribed user receives option 96 with unique option
content (v4 address, v6 tunnel endpoint hint).

Thanks,
Ian