On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 9:48 AM Michael Richardson via dnsdir <
dns...@ietf.org> wrote:

>     as> Reviewer: Anthony Somerset
>     as> Review result: Ready with Nits
>
>     as> Section 3.2 = "SHOULD remain pointing at the cloud provider's
> server IP address
>     as> - which in many cases will be an anycast addresses."
>
>     as> I don't believe its correct to include this assumption about
> anycast addresses
>     as> and is largely irrelevant to the content of the draft so i don't
> believe there
>     as> is value in keeping the text after the hyphen
>
> I see your point.
> I feel that there is some relevance to pointing this out.
>
> One of important aspect of reminding people about this is to indicate that
> it
> should be surprising if queries to these addresses actually return
> different
> time views of the zone.  It can take some minutes for all anycast hosts to
> update.
>
> A second important aspect is that the address that queries go to is not,
> because of anycast, the same as the place where the updates go.
>
> I don't feel strongly about this, I just think that we wrote this down for
> a reason.
>
>     > The intro is very long and talks about things that don't get
> explained until
>     > much later in document and could cause some confusion, it may be
> better to make
>     > the intro more concise and move some of these aspects into the
> relevant
>     > sections.
>
> It grew as a result of reviews.
> you are saying we overshot, sure.
>
>     > Section 1.2 - to me this would flow better if it was its own section
> after the
>     > solution is explained
>
> okay.

To second Anthony's comment about the Introduction being long I have to
concur.
The first part of the Introduction nicely lays out the document.
Could you do this:

Introduction
Terminology
Selecting Names to Publish
Dynamic DNS Alternative solutions

Envisioned deployment scenarios

Each of these sections seem solid enough to stand on their own

I always like getting the terminology lined up right away so the reader
isn't reading ahead, but that is probably just me.

tim

(working on my dnsdir review also!)