Hi, while editing draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation, it occured
to me that the automatic reverse that
draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options could enable
better/simpler RFC2317 delegation for IPv4 subnets.

My experience is that some of the pushback for doing 2317 is that there is
sane way to automate it, and too many confusing ways to do it.

So, I wrote:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richardson-ipv4-reverse-in-v6/

which basically says to point the CNAMEs into the IPv6 delegation that is
"already" (will have been) being done.

Anything we can do to make those who need just a bit of IPv4 (one or two
addresses) easier, while encouraging IPv6-first, is a good thing to me.

Your comments much appreciated.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )